Ramesh T A
A Romance at Night!
Hazy Moon shining glossy in the night
With slow mist covering as blanket
Street lamps paint funnel shapes on
Thin mist coated canvas looking cool!
Wearing loose mist white apparel on
As a ballet dancer she walks on balcony
Speculating over her lover's arrival
From a distant land at least in this night!
Braving all fog in the cold night on a bike
He moves faster against biting cold long
With a view of seeing his lady very soon
Switches on yellow head lights on the road!
Longing to meet her lover she pines
With her bosom tight against the wind
Feeling sure to mingle with him in full
Before night end comes sooner or later!
Night silence makes clear her ears well
To hear lover's bike sound at a distance
Increasing her hope and joy to the top
Looking at the gate door quite wide open!
Smooth he enters the entrance quite well
Looking up her lady standing on the balcony
With beaming smiles ready to embrace him
And drench in rain of kisses all night long...!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Romance at Night! by Ramesh T A )
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)