A poem written on a late afternoon
A poem on a late afternoon
sometimes in rhythm
The night elongated
its limbs and paused
wherever they chose.
Held between your hands
hot n humid.
Sometimes rain drummed.
At times it's chilly winter.
How the hands flew past!
Like birds in distress.
Like pigeons cooing.
Like peacock inviting...
Throb. Throb. Throb!
a sack of honey
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A poem written on a late afternoon by indira babbellapati )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath