A Place For You
If I could take you to one place, Elizabeth,
to one very special place,
I would take you to my heart.
You would sweep through it, like fresh rain.
Swirling across my landscape.
Drenching on my soul.
Blossoming hope, in my wounded places.
And, in return, I would fashion a world there, for you.
A space where you could sit, quietly.
A place where you could laugh, uncontrollably.
A moment when you could love, unreservedly.
In my heart, you would rest.
Wrapped in my spirit.
Warmed by my heat.
Riding at the very center of me.
I have learned much of love.
And much that I have learned is hard.
But I have not let it harden my heart.
There is a place there, for you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place For You by emmanuel wonighan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas