A Place For You
If I could take you to one place, Elizabeth,
to one very special place,
I would take you to my heart.
You would sweep through it, like fresh rain.
Swirling across my landscape.
Drenching on my soul.
Blossoming hope, in my wounded places.
And, in return, I would fashion a world there, for you.
A space where you could sit, quietly.
A place where you could laugh, uncontrollably.
A moment when you could love, unreservedly.
In my heart, you would rest.
Wrapped in my spirit.
Warmed by my heat.
Riding at the very center of me.
I have learned much of love.
And much that I have learned is hard.
But I have not let it harden my heart.
There is a place there, for you.
emmanuel wonighan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place For You by emmanuel wonighan )
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You, Jose Orozco
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)