A Place For You
If I could take you to one place, Elizabeth,
to one very special place,
I would take you to my heart.
You would sweep through it, like fresh rain.
Swirling across my landscape.
Drenching on my soul.
Blossoming hope, in my wounded places.
And, in return, I would fashion a world there, for you.
A space where you could sit, quietly.
A place where you could laugh, uncontrollably.
A moment when you could love, unreservedly.
In my heart, you would rest.
Wrapped in my spirit.
Warmed by my heat.
Riding at the very center of me.
I have learned much of love.
And much that I have learned is hard.
But I have not let it harden my heart.
There is a place there, for you.
emmanuel wonighan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place For You by emmanuel wonighan )
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver