the next milestone
Our progress through life is marked off by milestones.
The first is when we recieved first democracy on May 1999
We feel so free having hit to freedom.
The second’s when we are
It means for the next six years we are Teens.
Then we are twenty! No need to worry, still there is plenty
Of time left to waste.
Time left to fight, time to live, love, unite, produce, earn.
But no time to muse on the trickling of time,
Except when at each decade’s end, lo, we find…a milestone.
Milestones punctuate life’s seven ages.
Milestone to milestone we pass through the stages.
freedom to freedom, twenty to thirty.
Decade to decade, thirty to forty.
Epoch to epoch, forty to fifty.
Milestone to milestone, slavery to freedom.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the next milestone by emmanuel wonighan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese