the next milestone
Our progress through life is marked off by milestones.
The first is when we recieved first democracy on May 1999
We feel so free having hit to freedom.
The second’s when we are
It means for the next six years we are Teens.
Then we are twenty! No need to worry, still there is plenty
Of time left to waste.
Time left to fight, time to live, love, unite, produce, earn.
But no time to muse on the trickling of time,
Except when at each decade’s end, lo, we find…a milestone.
Milestones punctuate life’s seven ages.
Milestone to milestone we pass through the stages.
freedom to freedom, twenty to thirty.
Decade to decade, thirty to forty.
Epoch to epoch, forty to fifty.
Milestone to milestone, slavery to freedom.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the next milestone by emmanuel wonighan )
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)