the next milestone
Our progress through life is marked off by milestones.
The first is when we recieved first democracy on May 1999
We feel so free having hit to freedom.
The second’s when we are
It means for the next six years we are Teens.
Then we are twenty! No need to worry, still there is plenty
Of time left to waste.
Time left to fight, time to live, love, unite, produce, earn.
But no time to muse on the trickling of time,
Except when at each decade’s end, lo, we find…a milestone.
Milestones punctuate life’s seven ages.
Milestone to milestone we pass through the stages.
freedom to freedom, twenty to thirty.
Decade to decade, thirty to forty.
Epoch to epoch, forty to fifty.
Milestone to milestone, slavery to freedom.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the next milestone by emmanuel wonighan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal