A Picture Of You
If I could paint a picture,
With only you in mind,
Filled with special memories,
And the love you left behind,
I'd place some glistening dew drops,
For the tears I cried in vain,
And think of the day you left us,
Life will never be the same.
There sits a brave old Lion,
Beneath a shower of rain,
I see your strength and courage,
As you went through so much pain.
Then in the trees, there stands a girl,
Amidst the flowers Blue,
That girl is me, I pick a bunch,
Especially for you.
I place a Sun above the clouds,
That shines so splendidly,
That sun is you, your happy face,
Looks down so tenderly.
A stream flows by, beneath the sky,
A dove flies from above,
And brings with it, a special gift,
The gift of a Mothers love.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Picture Of You by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo
- Walking down the last lane!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- *Little Budding Stars, C. P. Sharma
- Kar Denge Jaan Nisar Hum Batan Ke Baste, Sawariya Kumar
- Ancient remnants, Piyush Dey
- *Haridas: Tansen's Guru, C. P. Sharma
- Past Tense, Jake Deeds