A nymph`s call at waterfalls...
(Monday, September 15,2008)
A nYmpH by chance happened to pass by a waterfalls...
And was attracted in it's submurging rush of crystal waters,
Her wings are broken, can't fly, can't explore;
So she waited for a mortal to carry her near the pool.
Then the mortal came, by chance, passed into woods thru the falls,
And saw the most beautiful nymph he had ever seen in dreams;
He offered to lift her up, carry her on his back,
So the nymph can enjoy the rapture of the site!
The mortal stared while the nYmpH giggle and laugh,
And as their eyes met, they knew they are in lOve;
Alas! She needs no wings to fly or even swim on deep waters of the site!
I am the nYmph, yOu are the mortal, can we be One in heart?
Inner Whispers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A nymph`s call at waterfalls... by Inner Whispers )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland