A Note to Myself
Never give up, hold steadfast on your work and goals,
Aim high, go slow, find refinement,
Don't rush and hurry things along,
Back off others and have fun with my life,
Do not trust so easily and so blindly,
Stop assuming people mean what they say,
Sop assuming people say what they mean.
Stop assuming people will do what they say they will do.
Listen more carefully,
Watch for double tongues and duplicitious minds,
Look for consistancy...
Actions speak louder than words.
There is always love,
My happiness is within me and it pours out and over flows to those who accept it,
My goodness and mercy bring grace to everyone.
My smile is infectious,
My laughter contagious,
Live in the present moment,
Sieze the day...carp the damn!
Speak kindly and softly,
Do good deeds daily,
Always help another in need.
Pray daily and if you can fill someones need..do so!
Faith without actions is dead.
Lift others up in prayer,
Be Cammy, be free,
Live, love and laugh,
Life is a dance, dance daily,
Life is a song, sing everyday,
Life is a poem, write daily
Life is a story..share yours.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Note to Myself by Cambridge Keenan )
- Why Must There Be Dragonflies?, Stephen Warren Williams
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)