A Note to Myself
Never give up, hold steadfast on your work and goals,
Aim high, go slow, find refinement,
Don't rush and hurry things along,
Back off others and have fun with my life,
Do not trust so easily and so blindly,
Stop assuming people mean what they say,
Sop assuming people say what they mean.
Stop assuming people will do what they say they will do.
Listen more carefully,
Watch for double tongues and duplicitious minds,
Look for consistancy...
Actions speak louder than words.
There is always love,
My happiness is within me and it pours out and over flows to those who accept it,
My goodness and mercy bring grace to everyone.
My smile is infectious,
My laughter contagious,
Live in the present moment,
Sieze the day...carp the damn!
Speak kindly and softly,
Do good deeds daily,
Always help another in need.
Pray daily and if you can fill someones need..do so!
Faith without actions is dead.
Lift others up in prayer,
Be Cammy, be free,
Live, love and laugh,
Life is a dance, dance daily,
Life is a song, sing everyday,
Life is a poem, write daily
Life is a story..share yours.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Note to Myself by Cambridge Keenan )
- Let us try, gajanan mishra
- An Ode to a Salmon, Athena Hood
- नागिरो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Inner Solitude, Neela Nath
- I Don't Know, Akhtar Jawad
- My Sentimental Diversity, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Poetry, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Emerge.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mirror, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Chasing True Dream, Mark Nixon Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)