A New Head Of Good
A new spiritual head of good,
In canvas clothes the royalty clad
Among principalities divinely stood
Wave of power in the wand he had.
In the hand that must be strong
To rule people's hearts far and near,
In native shores of many pilgrim land
The hearts that is willing to hear.
The bells chimes make us glad
For we see changes in the wind,
Bring a new vision heading for good,
Avert the dangers and start again.
With this new spiritual head of good
Carry the oracles with humility and care,
Upon the pinnacle of society stood
Advertise self in start of penitent prayer.
The world pause now, but later judge
After the honeymoon stories are written
Of the same speeches on a different page,
And the proofs by the world are seen.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A New Head Of Good by Gerry Legister )
- For you, shall never I be old, Saheb Mohapatra
- Because I love you much, Saheb Mohapatra
- God, it's the man speaking, Saheb Mohapatra
- Zoos, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- How would be my last breathe?, Saheb Mohapatra
- Fall, Frank Avon
- LIMERICK-2 (Saloon day), Saheb Mohapatra
- MOTHER, Saheb Mohapatra
- POETRY, Saheb Mohapatra
- Sea, Land, Shadow, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)