A needle in a haystack...
Why did it take so long for me to find you?
Why did it feel as if it took forever?
I felt that I did all the things I knew to do,
Perhaps they all were far too clever...
Devious and cunning, that's what they proved to be,
They thought that they were too far above my head -
They never let my true self shine, that which is me,
They thought that they were in control, instead...
I left them to the making of their own mind,
and took another path, which led away from them -
I put all the wounds, scars and gloom behind,
and buried all the trash from which thoughts stem...
I found you, just by chance, such was my luck,
Like a needle in a haystack, I sought you out -
You were a fruit of goodness, I chanced to pluck,
Not it's our love and happiness, I'd like to tout!
Love is something to be prized and fought for,
Not such a thing that fades and falls away -
Love is strong and gorgeous to the very core,
and lasts for all one's life, not for one ordinary day.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A needle in a haystack... by david lessard )
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
- Do Not Be Serious, Kumarmani Mahakul
- 24/7, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Show Me Safe, Susan Lacovara
- What's Wrong WithThe Grown-ups, Zion Odeyemi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)