A man with a black coat!
Walking down the crowded lane
I just had a glimpse of man with black coat and a big hat covering his face.
So mysterious he looked
My curiosity aroused to see him.
But he vanished in no time.
Then I entered a lonely road
To my home.
Full of trees and a garden with silence.
Just enjoying its beauty I went along.
Then again caught a glimpse of same black coat.
But this time horror stuck me.
I felt he was following me.
The started walking fast.
Then started running.
Then I just turned back
He was not visible.
I felt relieved.
About to go, to my horror
He was right in front.
He caught my hand so tight.
I thought I will just faint.
Then slowly he removed his hat.
To my horror I couldn't believed
Leaving me gasped
It was my beloved
And he was expected next week only.
Oh my God!
But it was such a surprise full of
Sweetness, and horror too
How can I ever forget such a wonderful
Life is meaningful when surprises
Come on our way!
Am I right!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man with a black coat! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan
- JULEKALENDER # IIX, Gunnar Mo.
- Okane Ka? Ai ka? Kenryoku Ka?, Marites C. Cayetano
- I want to cry, gajanan mishra
- Safe and warm, hasmukh amathalal
- JULEKALENDER # VII, Gunnar Mo.
- Living With Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- December, Nassy Fesharaki