A man with a black coat!
Walking down the crowded lane
I just had a glimpse of man with black coat and a big hat covering his face.
So mysterious he looked
My curiosity aroused to see him.
But he vanished in no time.
Then I entered a lonely road
To my home.
Full of trees and a garden with silence.
Just enjoying its beauty I went along.
Then again caught a glimpse of same black coat.
But this time horror stuck me.
I felt he was following me.
The started walking fast.
Then started running.
Then I just turned back
He was not visible.
I felt relieved.
About to go, to my horror
He was right in front.
He caught my hand so tight.
I thought I will just faint.
Then slowly he removed his hat.
To my horror I couldn't believed
Leaving me gasped
It was my beloved
And he was expected next week only.
Oh my God!
But it was such a surprise full of
Sweetness, and horror too
How can I ever forget such a wonderful
Life is meaningful when surprises
Come on our way!
Am I right!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man with a black coat! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Trinmul Congress Party Will Definite.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Bulls, I Mean The Communists, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Am Something, Human Ego, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu