A Man of Words
A man of his words
I could never be
Nor a man of deeds
Oftener time my commitments
Lay broken like shards of glass
Dead as the trampled seeds!
Good words are easier said
Good deeds are not easier done
Words not kept are loan unpaid
Good work left undone!
It’s sad that oftener time I fail
Spoken words I let them rust
If I weigh myself in an honest scale
I have been too long unjust!
Good deeds undone are forever lost
Good words are wasted dearly
When I think of the ones it cost
I can’t say I feel heavenly!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man of Words by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah
- The Kiss, Aneeta Clement
- Quintuplets Mother, Tony Adah