A Love Story
A Love Story
'To Amy G'
I am just a beginner
Who's finding his way through
I did my best to win her
But failed and this is true.
A voice told me 'Try again'
It said perhaps she'll change
And free my heart from its pain
In love nothing is strange
I knew it would be impossible
For She had made her decision
Yet my Love so irresistible
Forced me to think of some mission
I asked myself how should I start
Is it by a letter?
Complaining about my achy heart
Explaining the matter!
I took a piece of paper
And wrote with a trembling hand
How much indeed I need her
By God! Would she understand?
I live and wait, for her I still wait
I have waited…….. Waited too long
My love has turned to a hate
For I am old and no more young
This is another love story
Which is like most of the rest
That died away quite early
And lay buried in my chest!
Copyright Leaking Pen 1960's series
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Story by Leaking Pen )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sanctuary, Dorothy Parker
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak