A little while
A little while with joy and laughter, a little while with grief and pain,
A little while with sun and shadow, a little while with fog and rain.
A little while with summer's beauty, a little while with winter's cold,
A little while with springtime's magic, a little while with autumn's gold.
A little while with friends and family, a little while with folks we know,
A little while with loving people, a little while in their sweet, tender glow.
A little while with books and pictures, a little while with music's grace,
A little while with things we treasure, a little while in each and every place.
A little while to smell the flowers, a little while to do so very much,
A little while with thoughts we value, a little while within God's gracious touch.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A little while by david lessard )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In The Depths of Solitude, Tupac Shakur
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Child Slaughter, douglas scotney
- A slave to situation,, Aftab Alam
- Arctic Hero?, Denis Martindale
- The fate, gajanan mishra
- Five Cherry Blossoms To Despair., Martin Engstrom
- Depths Of Truth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are not allowed to walk, gajanan mishra
- If you want success, gajanan mishra
- Global Mother Sarada, Tushar Ray
- Plateau Of Relief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak