A Hundred Poems
I wrote a hundred poems,
to the woman I loved.
Seventeen years later,
she told me that she'd
only loved me that first year
after we were married.
For sixteen years she kept her silence
of not telling me.
It's difficult to write of love
Even now, when I have a woman
that says she loves me back.
I think of songs...'I thought
you loved me, you said, you loved me,
we planned together, to love forever...'
(Nat King Cole...A Blossom Fell)
Melancholy tunes...'Where are you?
Where have you gone without me?
I thought you cared about me...'
or...'I'm A Fool T o Want You...'
or 'What's New? How is the world treating you? '
Sinatra could make you feel sooo alone.
One day, not too far away...
I'll sit down and it'll
pour out of me...
This love for you...
and you alone...
P.S. It never happened. She lied.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hundred Poems by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock