A Hundred Poems
I wrote a hundred poems,
to the woman I loved.
Seventeen years later,
she told me that she'd
only loved me that first year
after we were married.
For sixteen years she kept her silence
of not telling me.
It's difficult to write of love
Even now, when I have a woman
that says she loves me back.
I think of songs...'I thought
you loved me, you said, you loved me,
we planned together, to love forever...'
(Nat King Cole...A Blossom Fell)
Melancholy tunes...'Where are you?
Where have you gone without me?
I thought you cared about me...'
or...'I'm A Fool T o Want You...'
or 'What's New? How is the world treating you? '
Sinatra could make you feel sooo alone.
One day, not too far away...
I'll sit down and it'll
pour out of me...
This love for you...
and you alone...
P.S. It never happened. She lied.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hundred Poems by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar