A Hundred Poems
I wrote a hundred poems,
to the woman I loved.
Seventeen years later,
she told me that she'd
only loved me that first year
after we were married.
For sixteen years she kept her silence
of not telling me.
It's difficult to write of love
Even now, when I have a woman
that says she loves me back.
I think of songs...'I thought
you loved me, you said, you loved me,
we planned together, to love forever...'
(Nat King Cole...A Blossom Fell)
Melancholy tunes...'Where are you?
Where have you gone without me?
I thought you cared about me...'
or...'I'm A Fool T o Want You...'
or 'What's New? How is the world treating you? '
Sinatra could make you feel sooo alone.
One day, not too far away...
I'll sit down and it'll
pour out of me...
This love for you...
and you alone...
P.S. It never happened. She lied.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hundred Poems by david lessard )
- Lovely and dear, hasmukh amathalal
- Happy Moments Matter, Rohit Sapra
- When my love states that she is futile..., Saheb Mohapatra
- Sink and feel, SALINI NAIR
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)