Alon Calinao Dy
A Letter To The Youth
You are the future heroes
Of our beloved country.
Pursue your dreams,
Study hard night and day.
My little brothers and sisters,
The prosperity of our country
Always depends in your bright minds.
Fulfill all your dreams and be ready.
The future of the nations
Depends in the palms of your hands.
Be loyal, be honest and be good leaders;
Try not to be corrupt your governments.
You are the hope of the poor people,
Don't disappoint all their dreams.
Don't let money buy your principles in life;
Better to die with honor and dignity in ourselves.
My little brothers and sisters
When you become rich and powerful people,
Don't ever abuse your powers.
Don't hurt the feelings of other people.
Remember, my little friends,
All things you see in this world
Aren't ours and will soon end.
It's better to live with enormous
Respect in ourselves and for others.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Letter To The Youth by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
- No love, Barbara Dixion
- Music Is Life, Ray Hansell
- S. Truett Cathy - A Memoriam Poem, Bill Grace
- Take My Heart, Ray Hansell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)