A Hunted Hunter
Like my forebear, a hunter I am.
Skillfully, I hunt'd on life's every field.
With my horde I ran life's race,
Chased anything that cross'd my path.
Undaunted I hunted for wild games,
Until with awe they mention my names.
On life's every ground my arrows flew ‘n' hordes furrow'd,
For fame ‘n' a place on life's pages I hunt'd too.
I hunted for love ‘n' everything that came with it.
For fortune's hand I also wooed,
Till my nest she made her rest.
Then for power I go trapping,
Till my muscles out they puffed.
After every pleasure I hunted.
For knowledge I hunted too till I a sophist be.
Then i hunted for friendships,
to fill a void within my breast.
The more I hunt the more miserable I become.
Now everything I possess'd. me it possessed,
Till every game I hunted me they hunt.
Like me, so 're you.
For various prey you did hunt.
Take heed folks, lest you fall;
A prey of the very games you did hunt.
For all our lives, after vanity we hunts
At our death we're choked by regret,
Then we ask if ‘twas worth the while.
For games dearest to us we left unhunt'd,
While hunt'd by the needless games we did hunt.
Before you draw that bow, make sure it's worth the kill.
So like me you're not preyed by your prey.
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hunted Hunter by Dave BenOdafe )
- silly room moms drinking starbucks, Mandolyn ...
- Be a man, devon da poet
- Bright Star, JJ Evendon
- O lord Jesus, I've dragged your name in .., devon da poet
- Recession to Poverty, Roger Bussey
- Our Life, Roger Bussey
- Iconography, Frank Avon
- Memories of the Past, Roger Bussey
- Fellow Poet, Saiom Shriver
- My First Taste of Love, Roger Bussey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Ardella, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)