A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
A hundred thousand abortions a year don’t make much sense,
Paid for by our health-care system in lots of dollars and cents,
Is our health care system being gutted by the price of abortions?
Is the number of dead babies being published in these distortions?
Might this be the reason why you can’t get that MRI?
Money spent on abortions and not you and now you know why,
Politicians and bureaucrats will avoid all these questions,
Not mentioned in the media either and please no suggestions.
I realize this was an appointed Supreme Court decision,
Not discussed in parliament so no political supervision,
No referendums, no propositions and no judicial reviews,
No plebiscites, proportional representation or strange views.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS by James Bredin )
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
- 'First Step', michael walkerjohn
- conkers, lee fones
- Big Bang Memory, Kim Barney
- Sum of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Two Snipers, michael walkerjohn
- It was a routine traffic stop, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Angel Wing, Anthony Di'anno
- Rant of a Sorcerer, Russell Nero
- Inspiration to Live, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)