A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
A hundred thousand abortions a year don’t make much sense,
Paid for by our health-care system in lots of dollars and cents,
Is our health care system being gutted by the price of abortions?
Is the number of dead babies being published in these distortions?
Might this be the reason why you can’t get that MRI?
Money spent on abortions and not you and now you know why,
Politicians and bureaucrats will avoid all these questions,
Not mentioned in the media either and please no suggestions.
I realize this was an appointed Supreme Court decision,
Not discussed in parliament so no political supervision,
No referendums, no propositions and no judicial reviews,
No plebiscites, proportional representation or strange views.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS by James Bredin )
- आं बावबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
- Kisah Bunga, Afit Riawan
- You And You, V P Mahur
- आयै अ' आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Disabled, Wilfred Owen
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)