A Heart to Cherish
A heart to cherish and warm hand to hold
High raise all mortal clay from common mould,
Elevates base elements to gold
As magic fusion cuts confusion's hold.
Rest not on sidelines, ceremony trace,
Thrust through Fate’s weight, cue to true interface
That, ma chérie, may see heart heart enfold
On lease from life itself, which won’t grow old.
Could mirrors speak they’d blush, no silver scold
Harsh time reflect, so joyfully behold
Enchanting offspring duplicate glow's grace,
Resounding echo both of soul, surface.
Incarceration end, lets celebrate
SHared emotions' oceans liberate.
14 December 1995 revised as acrostic A HEART TO CHERISH 31 August 2007
see below for previous version
A Heart to Cherish
A heart to cherish and a hand to hold
lifts Man’s mortal clay from common mould,
transforms base elements to finest gold
through magic fusion, let the truth be told.
Stand not on sidelines, ceremony, trace
Fate’s lines through daring caring interface.
Charming features charmèd heart enfold,
on lease from life itself, which can’t grow old.
If mirrors spoke, they’d blush, could never scold,
prove mirage mirage, all else oversold.
Should children come they’d duplicate true grace -
enchanting echo both of soul, surface.
Transmit heart’s signals to communicate
emotion’s oceans, love anticipate.
14 December 1995
© Jonathan Robin
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Heart to Cherish by Jonathan ROBIN )
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)