A Fire-Sided T.V. Chat By A Farsighted G E Chap
When Giscard greeted France last night
regretfully he threw no light
on how his Party could prevent
a rise in unemployed, jobs spent.
He helped the agèd with their rent
and soon will raise short-time payment, -
inflation rate, infamous blight,
he feels a downturn is in/sight.
To the peasant he was pleasant,
each is sent a present present.
Twelve hundred francs, and as I write,
so as to increase their delight,
a kine allowance not so slight,
lest they in vengeance vent their spite.
The aim it is in this event
to up their income twelve percent.
At T.V. chat he did appear,
our Lord and leader, loud and clear.
He claims, as ‘twere his property,
the Centre Point of polity,
and adds that ‘tis two years since he
(the future able to foresee)
had prophesied this policy.
The ship of State he’s set to steer
through “controlled change”, so have no fear.
In social change, explicitly,
festina lente! - prudently,
and hear and run the race thats here -
so many Frenchmen far and near -
he hopes his Party will adhere,
and cheer not jeer, endear not sneer.
There’s every possibility
he won’t succeed, unfortunately!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fire-Sided T.V. Chat By A Farsighted G E Chap by Jonathan ROBIN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What Do I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable