A Group of Appoıntees
Your grandson at the abortion clinic before he was born,
Was killed; will never have a name and no one will even morn,
It was made legal by a Supreme Court decision long ago,
There is no legal obligation that you should even know.
There is something very wrong here though, as you can plainly see,
A civilized society controlled by a group of appointees,
And no one can ask because it’s all politically correct,
Death by abortion and Canadians cannot interject.
Therefore we all need binding referendums like the Swiss,
Elected Senate and Supreme Court and please, no more of this,
Proportional representation and no more first past the post,
And death with dignity might help some of us sick and old the most.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Group of Appoıntees by James Bredin )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- THE PROXY, michael walkerjohn
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal