A Great Deal
Under a canopy of stars
A full moon rises.
We sip our wine,
Laugh and talk
It’s your deal.
Shuffle and ruffle
The new deck.
They flap, flap, flap;
Flutter over one another
From a perfect bow you create
With your hands.
You’re a better player;
You always win in the end.
I play for fun;
I win a perfect evening with you.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Great Deal by Carolyn Brunelle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi
- Check the dogs, gajanan mishra