Paul Laurence Dunbar
A Golden Day
I Found you and I lost you,
All on a gleaming day.
The day was filled with sunshine,
And the land was full of May.
A golden bird was singing
Its melody divine,
I found you and I loved you,
And all the world was mine.
I found you and I lost you,
All on a golden day,
But when I dream of you, dear,
It is always brimming May.
Paul Laurence Dunbar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Golden Day by Paul Laurence Dunbar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas
- Cassandra In Your Face, Terence G. Craddock
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas