Every poem will have an i.d. card.
Its fingerprints will be taken.
Its iris will be photographed.
It is impossible that we could mistake it for any other poem.
We will know where every poem has been and its history.
We will know how many parking tickets it has had.
We will catch it before it commits a murder.
We will record its proclivities.
A poem will have to fill in a form to exist in the first place.
It will have to acknowledge its nationality
it may not indulge in acts of treason
It may not criticise this wise and powerful government
it may not cross borders.
A poem may not rhyme.
If it sings it will be under suspicion.
It will be published with advice and assistance.
It may be read in the presence of approved audiences.
If it is not satisfied with its situation,
it may ask for an appeal hearing
in the presence of ten other poems,
The last known poem was seen drawing the dole,
though it is whispered that it was secretly working
unofficially as a gardener.
Sally Evans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gardener by Sally Evans )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- On Christmas Evening, John Lars Zwerenz
- MAX, Dog goD 8Hate
- Defective, gajanan mishra
- Deep Pain, Michael P. McParland
- Miracle Of Compassion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dedication, Michael P. McParland
- Deciet?, Michael P. McParland
- He is on earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Death And Destruction, Michael P. McParland
- The Solution, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath