A Naboland Alphabet
A is for airborne, an arctic affair,
B is a box for a battered brown bear.
C is a clock that cannot count figures,
D is a desk for a diary, dumb diggers.
E is the earth through snow, etched in enamel,
F fur and a flask and a filigree camel.
G gives grey serge, grey print and grey sky,
H - here's a hare-mould, hull, herbs hanging dry.
I am implements, inclement weather, and ink,
J just a journeyman, jugs in the sink.
K is for keys and kit, kindliness, knives,
L a lantern, electric light, leathern archives.
M is for mushrooms made out of mops,
N is for nails bought in Naboland shops.
O is our open door, overland laps,
P printing and postcards, people perhaps.
Q is for quarto, the quest for quality,
R is the radio set, rubric, reality.
S is for scooter, skull, sandals and socks,
T is three toeprints trapped in the rocks.
U useful, unusual, the used and renewed,
V is the valor-stove very much valued.
W a white wilderness, from window upwinds,
X marks the xenographer mapping his finds.
Y is a yarn of the yester and yonder,
Z zeal in the zone of a zillion wonders.
Sally Evans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Naboland Alphabet by Sally Evans )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman