A DIVAN FULL OF SLEEP.
Serve me this goblet of roses
The glass with two branches
A glass that stands like a tree
And tree of the roses bring.
Serve me this red faultless free.
That grows motionless still.
And beneath like a sea breath
Blue, full of ageing breath.
And the shadow below, a divan new of sleep
and the shadow below, a divan full of sleep.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A DIVAN FULL OF SLEEP. by Ebi Robert )
- Tuniapali Tracks On, Pintu Mahakul
- अपने तसव्वुर में जीने दे और (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Life Is Good and Not Always Bad, Rohit Sapra
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
- Into Place, Margaret Moran
- A walk in the Twilight, Latha Krishnan
- अलविदा बादे - सबा (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Horse with no name, Phil Soar
- Changing Lives, Laurence Ruedas
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)