A Dedication To You, The Reader
“It is your interest in my haiku that has enabled this slim volume to continue its journey into the promised land of old souls. The NeverEnding Story of imagination carries us further...”
The hunter's moon cracking in the attic window. And water stains on his unfinished manuscript, the one not for the faint of heart or for those who are loyal subjects of the totalitarian shasei regime.
“On the Road” leans
against “Essential Haiku”
his cold breath
Note: For those who are new immigrants or seasonal workers, the shasei regime (euphemistically) means the objective realist regime.
Author's Note: A Dedication To You, The Reader is a sequel to Winter Thoughts (for Mary Oliver) , whose opening haiku and prose paragraph are as follows:
a sunflower bending
to the wind
I often get editorial advice like this:
'You will notice that we veer away from authorial comment, abstract language, and the imposition of human qualities on the natural world. Instead, we choose haiku that achieve resonance through the juxtaposition of disparate images, credibly present in the same place at the same time.'
Read its full text at http: //poemhunter.com/poem/autumn-thoughts-4/
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Dedication To You, The Reader by Chenou Liu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland
- Sits up, Mae AC.
- Mee Too You Are Missed, Michael P. McParland
- Mee Too (Words Of Love), Michael P. McParland
- All I Want, Michael P. McParland
- Covers Face, Mae AC.
- Covers Eyes, Mae AC.
- All I Know, Dedicated Too......, Michael P. McParland