Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
A day I awaits
I have devoted my time to this
And I have keen my energy
this day and it never come!
Like less traveled road
Always looms for the pedestrians
The pedestrians don't like going through it
and jungle without a mighty lion,
A dry land waits for a rain
But the rain is rich with empty promises
'I am coming' the rain
And it's likely to rain indeed.
And never rain
I am looking forward to.
I am still waiting like a passenger,
Who waits for a bus in the early hours of winter morning?
When he hear the sound, he look!
With the gigantic jacket and the hand in a pocket,
But the teeth out.
I am similar to Noah with hope,
Waiting for the flood.
Patiently waiting just like a train passenger
Keep on checking time!
I am not waiting for my master
With my paycheck
I am waiting for the day
Like old sick man who awaits for the death
And the death never shows up.
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A day I awaits by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
- Invitation to Ground Zero, William Jay Smith
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- At Inchon, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)