Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
A day I awaits
I have devoted my time to this
And I have keen my energy
this day and it never come!
Like less traveled road
Always looms for the pedestrians
The pedestrians don't like going through it
and jungle without a mighty lion,
A dry land waits for a rain
But the rain is rich with empty promises
'I am coming' the rain
And it's likely to rain indeed.
And never rain
I am looking forward to.
I am still waiting like a passenger,
Who waits for a bus in the early hours of winter morning?
When he hear the sound, he look!
With the gigantic jacket and the hand in a pocket,
But the teeth out.
I am similar to Noah with hope,
Waiting for the flood.
Patiently waiting just like a train passenger
Keep on checking time!
I am not waiting for my master
With my paycheck
I am waiting for the day
Like old sick man who awaits for the death
And the death never shows up.
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A day I awaits by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Classroom, ania radz
- Breakfast with a ghost, Harold R Hunt Sr
- "...away without leave", Jeff Gangwer
- If, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)