Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
a death certificate with my name on it
As short! as it is? It contains my life and death?
As little! as it is? I will used it in the other world?
These short details tell about me?
Does this paper really describe who I am?
Do these words weigh my contribution to the world?
Do these words? Mean, my meaning to the world?
Is this my gift to the world?
Is this how the world will remember me?
With few countable words?
I was short and simple like this piece of a paper?
I was a narrator as narrated in this half page paper?
I was as honest as the author of this, who wrote only what he knew?
Was i? was i? was i?
This little paper is a reflection of my life?
Is this a mirror of my feats?
Is this an echo of my hobbies and passion?
Does this emulate my credentials?
Is this a passport to the other world?
In the other world will they find it?
, Relevant and appropriate enough?
Was it? Life well live or live short lived?
Was it? Life well spend or chaos!
Was it? Worthy living or a waste of oxygen and nutritions?
Was it? life of misery or life of peace duplication
Was it? a life in obedience or life in divergence?
Is this a testimony that, i am gone and gone?
Is this a tool that I will use to build my new home?
Make a new family and meet new friends?
Everything is written in here?
Everything is written here?
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a death certificate with my name on it by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns