A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
two Chinese dressed
in Lederhosen and Dirndls
Munich's blue sky
Bavarian drinking songs
a German girl's smile
a sea of human heads
inside the beer tent
House of Horrors
hand in hand an old couple
in my gingerbread heart
her bite mark
a roller coaster
against the sunset sky
Oktoberfest is a 16-day festival held annually in Munich, Germany, which kicks off today. Last year, this world-famous event attracted just short of 7 million party-goers worldwide.
Poet Other Poems
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Dead Man Writing
- A Dedication To You, The Reader
- A Drunken Poem
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku About Anne Frank House
- A Haiku About Dark Thoughts
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.