Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
A Cup Of Wine Would I Give Thee*
May the sun ever shine
upon your hair
may stardust light your way.
So the glory you enfold
may shine forth like a rainbow
made of elfin coloured gold.
May the wind ever cool your brow
to you of wonders
it has seen on other days.
So you may ever walk
in a fresh tender breeze
while the wind serenades sings
for you among the enchanted trees.
Telling you of stories as wondrous
as tints of Autumn’s falling leaves
yet amazingly diverse
like the springtime flight of bees.
Sacred bees should fly
only to the sweetest
of wild meadow flower,
then seek out far flung blooms
treasures that grace
only secret hidden glades.
In remembrance of starset lovers
in consecrated blessing
of their finest hour.
mixed on nuptial wind
would bring to me
upon your lips
only could it
a cup of honeyed wine
would I give to thee.
Fain would the angels be
when I held that cup to thee.
I would give you wine and song
to bless the startling memory
of first reborn celestial day,
veiled in radiance, you came along.
When you touched my heart
with a love, pure, endures ever lasts.
Took me from cold depths of stone
to a jewel, radiant shines for us alone.
In another world we roam
never more apart
on breath of love
that endures longer
than mere mortal heart.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cup Of Wine Would I Give Thee* by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)