Joseph T. Renaldi
A Conscientious Father
You have been a conscientious father,
You always gave me a helping hand,
You comforted me during times of tribulation,
You always helped me take a formidable stand.
You always helped to satisfy my needs,
And to alleviate many of my daily fears.
You encouraged me when failure was inevitable,
And strengthened my will to succeed through the years.
You proudly supported me everyday of my life,
When the turbulence was rocky and long.
You instilled an everlasting courage in me,
Supporting righteousness - censuring evil and wrong.
Your positive guidance and direction enabled me
To restore strength and courage to my heart,
Never complaining as my formative years went by,
Accepting the responsibilities of doing your part.
Now, that you have departed from this earth,
A thought that always makes me so sad,
I gratefully remember what you meant to me,
As I tearfully say, ' Thanks for being a wonderful Dad.'
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Conscientious Father by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- My mother died today, Tammy Ashton
- A New Life, Toshie Nohara