Joseph T. Renaldi
A Conscientious Father
You have been a conscientious father,
You always gave me a helping hand,
You comforted me during times of tribulation,
You always helped me take a formidable stand.
You always helped to satisfy my needs,
And to alleviate many of my daily fears.
You encouraged me when failure was inevitable,
And strengthened my will to succeed through the years.
You proudly supported me everyday of my life,
When the turbulence was rocky and long.
You instilled an everlasting courage in me,
Supporting righteousness - censuring evil and wrong.
Your positive guidance and direction enabled me
To restore strength and courage to my heart,
Never complaining as my formative years went by,
Accepting the responsibilities of doing your part.
Now, that you have departed from this earth,
A thought that always makes me so sad,
I gratefully remember what you meant to me,
As I tearfully say, ' Thanks for being a wonderful Dad.'
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Conscientious Father by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge