Joseph T. Renaldi
A Compassionate Heart
I have eyes that I can see
The work that can be done by me.
I have ears that enable me to hear
The voices of those who live in fear.
I have lips that I might speak
Words of encouragement to all who seek.
I have an alert mind that I might know
When to help the needy that need me so.
I have hands that I am able to do
Some meager, but worthy task for you.
I have the empathy and sincerity to pray
For the impoverished people everyday.
I have this one thing, all else above,
A compassionate heart that I may love.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Compassionate Heart by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer