A Call to Arms (Dedicated to Sunprincess)
I beg you, hear this call to arms
Leave your offices and farms
Desert your shops and factories
And help us cure this world disease.
When half the world is starving
And the children have no hope
We stand idly by and watch
Some mindless T.V soap!
Our governments sell arms to thugs
without a second thought
Regardless that the carnage will
On innocents be wrought.
Our banks provide the funding
For this foul and evil trade
And then take big fat bonuses
On profits that they've made.
Church leaders squat in corners
Well hidden from the fray
They need to join us in our quest
And come with us today.
The monarchy cares not a jot
Except for luxury
They cannot see the storm that brews
They lack reality.
But as for us, we have a voice
It's time to shout out loud
We require equality
This time we won't be cowed!
Violence we will not need
We will not play their game
We know who we voted for
We know who to shame!
So, help me in this call to arms
And join me in this quest
To make the world a better place
Before we seek our rest.
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Call to Arms (Dedicated to Sunprincess) by Owain Glyn )
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
- summer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
- North vs South, Harold R Hunt Sr
- sleepy town, Harold R Hunt Sr
- What's happen?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- PH: Humor: Women6Verses9Men - Who's On T.., Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)