A Bloody God
What kind of God asks for blood,
And makes men mindless slaves.
That they bury children, neath the sod,
And then go hide in caves.
What kind of God, feeds on death,
And thrives on misery?
And takes away the very breath,
From those in poverty.
My God Is love, my God is peace,
And doesn't ask for much.
The man on the cross' love doesn't cease,
He's the best man in a clutch.
12/13/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bloody God by Juan Olivarez )
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley