A Bit More!
Need a bit more courage not to shed tears,
Seek a bit more patience not to be in anger,
Travel a bit more distance to find the love you require,
Knock a bit more passionately for that person to hear.
Though we are the fast runners and thinkers on the earth,
We alight before the destination, as we are in haste,
A bit more tolerance could have saved many hearts and lives,
A bit more understanding could have molded us to be in peace.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit More! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Dance With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Spy Terrorist, Marieta Maglas
- So what becomes of you my love?, Akhil S Behl
- In the Eye of the Ferris Wheel, Reagan A. Latumbo
- On Taking Secretaries to Lunch, Donal Mahoney
- The Lizard Said Yes, Tony Adah
- For real this time, yashovardhan kulkarni
- hey hog rider, does the roof have ricket.., Mandolyn ...
- my hair is still growing as fast as the .., Mandolyn ...
- New Mexico Sky, Taiko