Joseph T. Renaldi
A Birthday Greeting
I send you greetings on your birthday,
As another year has gone by its merry way.
You can now add another chapter to your past,
And I pray that you may add more to the cast.
When I was a lad, you guided me in many ways
And had patience through many trying days.
You had a loving heart full of exciting dreams,
A pleasant disposition bursting at the seams,
An untiring force that drove you on and on,
And a crown of sisterhood you always donned.
You are a remarkable sister in many ways
That eased my problems and brightened my days.
You were a ray of sunshine from Heaven above
And a dear sister to have and always love.
You see, a sister isn't always fussy and stern,
But it was one of those things I had to learn.
You always listened and were understanding
And had ideas and advice that were outstanding.
Still, I hold fond memories of you in my heart
That no one on earth can force me to part.
I wish you happiness on this day, and every year
To add to your Life Memoirs that were always near.
I thank the Lord for having a sister so dear,
And announce it on your Birthday for the world to hear.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Greeting by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Life and Death, Rimni chakravarty
- No living is in vain, gajanan mishra
- Insomniac's, Is It Poetry
- Chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Many a bride dreams of this night., Sandra Lynn
- Why the change?, Sandra Lynn