Joseph T. Renaldi
A Birthday Greeting
I send you greetings on your birthday,
As another year has gone by its merry way.
You can now add another chapter to your past,
And I pray that you may add more to the cast.
When I was a lad, you guided me in many ways
And had patience through many trying days.
You had a loving heart full of exciting dreams,
A pleasant disposition bursting at the seams,
An untiring force that drove you on and on,
And a crown of sisterhood you always donned.
You are a remarkable sister in many ways
That eased my problems and brightened my days.
You were a ray of sunshine from Heaven above
And a dear sister to have and always love.
You see, a sister isn't always fussy and stern,
But it was one of those things I had to learn.
You always listened and were understanding
And had ideas and advice that were outstanding.
Still, I hold fond memories of you in my heart
That no one on earth can force me to part.
I wish you happiness on this day, and every year
To add to your Life Memoirs that were always near.
I thank the Lord for having a sister so dear,
And announce it on your Birthday for the world to hear.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Greeting by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie