Joseph T. Renaldi
A Bountiful Harvest
Remember the blooming clover and flowers,
And fields of golden, ripening grain,
Swaying unsteadily to and fro,
Quivering in a gentle summer rain.
Remember the vast and enchanted highland,
Adorned by an assortment of colorful leaves,
And the richly, golden bounty galore,
Harvested by farmers and placed in sheaves.
Remember when the twilight shadows deepened,
And you uttered a simple and grateful prayer
For all the remnants of a bountiful harvest,
And the bounty you were always willing to share.
Remember that a natural source cast a spell,
And the days and weeks passed swiftly by.
The Autumn season quickly changed to Winter,
And the snowflakes began to fall from the sky.
Remember the tintinnabulation of the church bells,
Alerting all moral people to faithfully pray
To thank the Almighty for a bountiful harvest,
And to help sustain them through every frigid day.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bountiful Harvest by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- Loving you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- over zelouse, lee fones
- weird smells, lee fones
- Truth, Jonathan H. Scott
- Hindi haiku - diwali, S.D. TIWARI
- You, With Your Wild Strawberries, Will N.., mary douglas
- A jumping bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- There are heroes, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love counts the hours, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)