Joseph T. Renaldi
A Bountiful Harvest
Remember the blooming clover and flowers,
And fields of golden, ripening grain,
Swaying unsteadily to and fro,
Quivering in a gentle summer rain.
Remember the vast and enchanted highland,
Adorned by an assortment of colorful leaves,
And the richly, golden bounty galore,
Harvested by farmers and placed in sheaves.
Remember when the twilight shadows deepened,
And you uttered a simple and grateful prayer
For all the remnants of a bountiful harvest,
And the bounty you were always willing to share.
Remember that a natural source cast a spell,
And the days and weeks passed swiftly by.
The Autumn season quickly changed to Winter,
And the snowflakes began to fall from the sky.
Remember the tintinnabulation of the church bells,
Alerting all moral people to faithfully pray
To thank the Almighty for a bountiful harvest,
And to help sustain them through every frigid day.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bountiful Harvest by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz