4 against 1
She stands alone
Attacked and ambushed by you grownups,
No one hears her voice,
Not a listening soul.
She calls for aid-
But all are deaf.
One blocked minded group
And she is all alone.
I am her (almost) only refuge
But my hands are chained-
Can do nothing, only from afar-
Broken hearted I stand.
She reasons well,
She has her say
Though you don't let her
She's your prey.
If you could only hear
The soft, begging voice (of heart)
You will all rejoice
At a new start.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 against 1 by Maya Took )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...