A conversation with Time
Will you pass?
Can't sit anymore in class,
His voice is quiet, I can't hear,
Can't write, and it's boring here.
'I do pass my child, slow,
Already old am I, exhausted so.
And to me it's boring too,
Circles, and cycles, all my life, is all I do.'
Sometimes, you pass so quick,
How can you do this,
If you are so weak?
'Well dear, it's in your mind,
Look inside, and you will find
That all year round I move the same,
But you, just now, understand the game.
When you think of me, I give a chance,
Maybe for a fine, long, glance.
And then child, you see?
You do think of me.
However, when you are amused
You don't think of me, I feel unused,
Then I let myself fly
And then you say 'How time goes by' '
Time, Time, I thank thee
For the long answer you answered me
Now I really have to go,
And feel happy that I know.
written on: 21.10.2009
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A conversation with Time by Maya Took )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..