A conversation with Time
Will you pass?
Can't sit anymore in class,
His voice is quiet, I can't hear,
Can't write, and it's boring here.
'I do pass my child, slow,
Already old am I, exhausted so.
And to me it's boring too,
Circles, and cycles, all my life, is all I do.'
Sometimes, you pass so quick,
How can you do this,
If you are so weak?
'Well dear, it's in your mind,
Look inside, and you will find
That all year round I move the same,
But you, just now, understand the game.
When you think of me, I give a chance,
Maybe for a fine, long, glance.
And then child, you see?
You do think of me.
However, when you are amused
You don't think of me, I feel unused,
Then I let myself fly
And then you say 'How time goes by' '
Time, Time, I thank thee
For the long answer you answered me
Now I really have to go,
And feel happy that I know.
written on: 21.10.2009
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A conversation with Time by Maya Took )
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage