poor man talking this morning,
told me his insurance lapsed...
he went up and reinstated....
but they took his tag for 30 days....
makes about 8.50 an hour,
the only job he can find...
now he's afraid he's gonna lose it....
cant get to work for 30 days....
living on the edge....
good people, hard lives....
just trying to get by....
30 days, God only knows!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (30 Days by Eric Cockrell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Jorg Schmeisser: Antarctic Prints Decemb.., Danny Draper
- Republic Day 2015, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Eternal Bed, Noah Body
- Musing on The March To Life 2015...(Grap.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Paradise Found 2, Paul Butters
- Phyllis, Kim Barney
- Twilight, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Writer's Block, Paul Butters
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed