2012, Ending, Or Beginning!
the curtain is drawn,
the memories of another year,
a year of hardship and need,
packed in a box,
stored away to be forgotten.
we stand on the stage,
stripped naked by necessity,
forced to choose...
ending, or beginning?
the end of economic hope,
the end of the environment,
the end of individual rights,
the end of capitalism...
the end of the common man,
the end of morality...
the end of human dignity,
the end of the road for the poor...
or a new beginning?
people of all colors, faiths,
sexual orientations, economic situations,
rich in diversity... joining hands!
sitting down with open minds and hearts,
listening, really listening,
understanding that what is good for one,
must be good for all!
understanding that when one suffers,
we all suffer!
when one is in need,
we are all in need!
standing together for freedom
of thoughts, ideas, and words!
refusing to be made to follow blindly!
standing up and demanding
standing up for the environment,
throwing off the yoke of oppression
cast by the oil and Wall Street empire!
standing up for people,
people, not corporations,
accepting, understanding, compassionate,
determined, driven by dignity....
the choice is ours to make!
we've run out of time,
the lights have gone dim...
day of dawning,
or time of the end!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2012, Ending, Or Beginning! by Eric Cockrell )
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Faiz Ahmed Faiz
(13 February 1911 - 20 November 1984)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar
- '' And They Say I'm Insane? '', bri mar