2012, Ending, Or Beginning!
the curtain is drawn,
the memories of another year,
a year of hardship and need,
packed in a box,
stored away to be forgotten.
we stand on the stage,
stripped naked by necessity,
forced to choose...
ending, or beginning?
the end of economic hope,
the end of the environment,
the end of individual rights,
the end of capitalism...
the end of the common man,
the end of morality...
the end of human dignity,
the end of the road for the poor...
or a new beginning?
people of all colors, faiths,
sexual orientations, economic situations,
rich in diversity... joining hands!
sitting down with open minds and hearts,
listening, really listening,
understanding that what is good for one,
must be good for all!
understanding that when one suffers,
we all suffer!
when one is in need,
we are all in need!
standing together for freedom
of thoughts, ideas, and words!
refusing to be made to follow blindly!
standing up and demanding
standing up for the environment,
throwing off the yoke of oppression
cast by the oil and Wall Street empire!
standing up for people,
people, not corporations,
accepting, understanding, compassionate,
determined, driven by dignity....
the choice is ours to make!
we've run out of time,
the lights have gone dim...
day of dawning,
or time of the end!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2012, Ending, Or Beginning! by Eric Cockrell )
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
- ! Forum Personas (PH Forum Commentary), Alice Vedral Rivera
- Songs and Music, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)