2012, Ending, Or Beginning!
the curtain is drawn,
the memories of another year,
a year of hardship and need,
packed in a box,
stored away to be forgotten.
we stand on the stage,
stripped naked by necessity,
forced to choose...
ending, or beginning?
the end of economic hope,
the end of the environment,
the end of individual rights,
the end of capitalism...
the end of the common man,
the end of morality...
the end of human dignity,
the end of the road for the poor...
or a new beginning?
people of all colors, faiths,
sexual orientations, economic situations,
rich in diversity... joining hands!
sitting down with open minds and hearts,
listening, really listening,
understanding that what is good for one,
must be good for all!
understanding that when one suffers,
we all suffer!
when one is in need,
we are all in need!
standing together for freedom
of thoughts, ideas, and words!
refusing to be made to follow blindly!
standing up and demanding
standing up for the environment,
throwing off the yoke of oppression
cast by the oil and Wall Street empire!
standing up for people,
people, not corporations,
accepting, understanding, compassionate,
determined, driven by dignity....
the choice is ours to make!
we've run out of time,
the lights have gone dim...
day of dawning,
or time of the end!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2012, Ending, Or Beginning! by Eric Cockrell )
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)