3 Cheap Poems
for all those now on line,
especially with names exactly
There are hundreds...
But I'm the true one,
who informs then that
all is fake...
As for Pitter! Patter!
or real living matter,
I refuse on grounds
that there is no true
Just this malignant trapped
being, screwing words onto
vast sockets of thought,
And that the bulb
glares within -
Yes - lights out now,
- forget it,
That wasn't cheap!
this isn't cheap...
they aren't cheap,
Oh! No! not coins,
not that shiny evil stuff,
try a cheaper one,
A Saviour of rot
that's what we've got,
Your awful highness,
I may salute you -
some day, though.
(from beyond the grave...)
I took the 'C' out of cheap,
and was left with a pile
of stones - a mile high!
When poetry is nowhere
and I'm someone else,
beyond some black curtain,
slobbering over a hot - peach,
I mean 'really! '
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (3 Cheap Poems by GRANT FRASER )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Single Black Rose, Michael Koelliker
Poem of the Day
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal