101 Of Room 202
Room 202 am I to all drawn through
my space, trace day or two, weeks, more, few know
when weakness, illness, accidental blow,
may strike? All careful welcome find, though to
my door few come by choice, 'tis true.
Room 202 sufficient, spartan simple taste
furnished for those who should never haste;
I shelter all who nursing need. Time's flow
takes on a different meaning here while slow
trickle second thoughts that elsewhere tick off waste.
Room 202 bright white - nor curtains blue,
nor scarlet velvet trappings status show,
no gilded chandeliers nor burnished glow
should twist attention. Textures rich in hue
overload the senses, to rest prove foe.
Room 202, home to bed pillow-cased
in cotton clean, where conscience double-faced
or clear must meet harsh challenges that grew
formidable, host cancer, palsy, flu,
unfeted crash fate caused, with limb replaced.
Room 202 bears witness, sometimes pain explodes,
some sadness, joy, as next-of-kin decodes
with gasp or grasping fingers motives true
too often hidden from men's conscious view,
await new tenants' temporary abodes.
Room 202 stays neutral through and through.
continues welcome, patients come and go,
some cured and some immured, while to and fro
mind's eye reminded of life's fragile cue
from age old illness seeks solutions new.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (101 Of Room 202 by Jonathan ROBIN )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Liliana EL.
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Youth, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Prosetic [Prosaic + Poetic], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Love for You is Reborn, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kindness, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Walt Whitman: A Curious Poet, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Colouring Under The Light, Mitta Xinindlu
- A Cold Sweet War, V P Mahur
- Chaos Call, Arik Fletcher
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget