Odhiambo Gilbert Francis
Odhiambo Gilbert Francis Poems
- Silence The river is no more, No flood, no splash, no roar;...
- Today Was Not Ours Today was not ours Two souls plan as ...
- Love Gives You The Wings Love gives you the wings Float in ...
- Elegy For Lost Friendship You appeared, suddenly. We ...
- The Swing This tree is the province of the devil He sits on ...
- Cornel's Song Rose dear, come let us sing a song, A song of...
- Take These Legs Of Mine Take these legs of mine If your ...
A lover of art and social interactions, I write as a hobby and I plan to soon publish several texts. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The river is no more,
No flood, no splash, no roar;
A solitary portion, a king missing his throne
Kowtows to bemoan the hard fate that left him forlorn.
The praises have ceased,
Joy and dreams... deceased;
Hearts that once sung with zest followed the birds to the west
Where the sun shines best and potency is confessed.
In life's final lap,
Useless is your trap,
No gay yarns for excited ears nor tissue for cheery tears;
The end of affairs often times doom declares.
Yet, in the stillness,
In love's loud silence,
Listen, listen and ...