Nick Hilton Poems
- Chickens In Poetry Have you looked beneath the surface, Of ...
- Dulce Et Dechicken Est Feathers ruffled, We headed into no ...
- Cat Among The Chickens Stalking, Prowling, Through ocean ...
- Ode To A Chicken Nugget O my feathery friend, Some wicked ...
- No Can we rent a boat and go, No Can you even row,
- Merry Christmas Merry christmas, To you and all you know, ...
- Dread Knowing that the abyss ahead, May consume me, ...
Originally a songwriter for the band The Freaky Yanguus, but after the disband took up poetry. He has one antholodgy on the way called 'Chickens in poetry' which is comic verse all about chickens. Currently he remains sceptically published and the chicken antholodgy remains elusive due to lack of willing publishers. After starting off just with chickens and comic verse he has started writing about the hundreds of different emotions and theese are all available on the site. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Chickens In Poetry
Have you looked beneath the surface,
Of the greatest poems and verse,
And seen that almost always,
There seems to be an anti animal curse,
But have you not noticed,
That 'The charge of the Light Brigade',
Is about the Charge the Chickens made,
That 'Dulce et decorem est',
Is about the war in which the chickens were the best,
That Wordsworths 'Daffodils',
is about the Chickens in the hills,
That 'The Owl and the Pussycat',
Is about a Chicken,
And that is that!