Louisa Stuart Costello (1799-1870 / France)
Louisa Stuart Costello (October 9, 1799 – April 24, 1870), author, was born in Paris, France, near the Seine River (per her death certificate).
She had no true home, but wandered place to place staying with friends and acquaintances. Her brother Dudley Costello (b. 1803 in Sussex d. 1865 from liver failure) drank himself to death after the death of his wife.
She wrote over ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Eastern Song
- His Indian Love to Diogo Alvarez
- Lines.—I cannot sleep
- Lines.—If we should ever meet again
- Lines.—Oft on that latest star
- Lines.—When this heart is cold and still
- Lines.—Why look'd I on that fatal line
- Medjnoon in his Solitude
- Miranda's Song
- Night, on the Sea-shore
- November Fifth
- Song for a German Air
- Song of the Crew of Diaz