Heather Marie Mortimer
Heather Marie Mortimer Poems
- Intermission Lay low, my heart, for just awhile And rest in ...
- Love And Torment And did you love me on those nights? When ...
- Daydreams In daydreams and nightmares, I may have what I ...
- Pulling Petals We pull petals from a daisy Just to read our ...
- Calypso And Cupid Calypso and Cupid seem at a war Which ...
- Moment #2 It isn't the end of the world, I know But in a ...
- Should'Ve, Would'Ve, Could'Ve.... There are many things I ...
The truth of my soul speaks poetry. It is not form or technique, it is just simply my soul. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Heather Marie Mortimer
Lay low, my heart, for just awhile
And rest in sorrow's healing grip
For bitter pain brings bitter smile
To reanimate my frozen lip.
And I will cry my tears of brilliant jewel
And hold each one dear in my dear breast
To stoke the flames of winter's fuel
In which my cold heart may find some rest.
What a poet would not do for art!
When Hell and Heaven shine just as bright
For broken or burning, it is still a heart
Which reflects the beauty behind my sight.
It is not love, or lust, or loathe I feel
It is that burning pain which a wound can heal.