Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
Daniel Trevelyn Joseph Poems
- Kahlil Gibran It was Vidwans who wrote to me When I was ...
- Breasts Firm, shapely, level-looking Great assets of his ...
- After Retirement I have crossed sixty, attention is ...
- Blank Spaces I cry tears of bitter pain and sorrow: One ...
- Angel An angel on earth! Pah, where are they? They are ...
- Scylla And Charybdis I am polite, listen to others, Keep ...
- Chauffeur It is a pleasure to be in a car Where the driver ...
born in tuticorin, brought up in madurai mostly but studied all over tamilnadu, parents were poor but simple and straight. was eldest of four siblings, and heavy as a capricorn, born on the darkest day of the year 21 december 1945.
studied english literature, and taught english for two years. got into ias, allotted to maharashtra cadre, and worked in government till some time ago. since... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
It was Vidwans who wrote to me
When I was Joint Secretary Planning Department
Referring to Kahlil Gibran’s
Being nonplussed on somebody
In the marketplace
Asking him, “Who are you? ”
That was 26 years ago.
It took me a few more years
To wander along to Tiruvannamalai
With Babu my brother-in-law
And start reading Ramana Maharshi
And his japa, “Who am I? ”
An onion peeled to nothing,
Says the rationalist:
Reach Nothing which is Everything,
Reading Cordelia’s Nothing
Overwhelmed by the play
I agree blossoming ...