Wendell Berry Poems
- Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Libe...
- The Peace Of Wild Things When despair grows in me and I wake...
- The Country Of Marriage I. I dream of you walking at night...
- What We Need Is Here Geese appear high over us, pass, and ...
- Like The Water Like the water of a deep stream, love is ...
- A Meeting In A Part In a dream I meet my dead friend. He ...
- The Mad Farmer Revolution Being a Fragment of the Natural...
an American man of letters, academic, cultural and economic critic, and farmer. He is a prolific author of novels, short stories, poems, and essays. He is also an elected member of the Fellowship of Southern Writers and a recipient of The National Humanities Medal. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front
Love the quick profit, the annual raise,
vacation with pay. Want more
of everything ready-made. Be afraid
to know your neighbors and to die.
And you will have a window in your head.
Not even your future will be a mystery
any more. Your mind will be punched in a card
and shut away in a little drawer.
When they want you to buy something
they will call you. When they want you
to die for profit they will let you know.
So, friends, every day do something
that won't compute. Love the Lord.
Love the world. Work for nothing.
Take all that ...