Uma Sankar Poems
- Cleopatra -new- They call me a rose, a red rose! Scented, with ...
- Let Me… -new- Let me turn to a dewdrop That falls onto your ...
- Night And Roses... -new- Silent song, creeping chill- Upon the ...
- Metamorphosis -new- Disintegration... I'm going through, My limbs...
- The Lilt -new- Whist in my couch, I lay carefree Floating Mind - ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Uma Sankar
They call me a rose, a red rose!
Scented, with essence of deceit.
Is it that, to me I pull those bees,
Bribe with nectar, heavenly sweet?
My petals, red hot flames, they say,
Scalds, burns and kills - the lunatics!
Men, I eat them, that's what they say,
Consume, embrace, chaperone to the grave.
A debauched temptress, me, they say,
Cleopatra, I am, the queen of deceit!
It hurts me though; they know not-
Those stings of intruders in me…
Deceit, I am called; Alas! deceived,
I looked for love! They know not.
The buzz… was to suck my blood, ...